Mounts Bay Archery Club
Updated April 2018
What this privacy notice covers:
Mounts Bay Archery is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Mounts Bay Archery Club. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are:
Mounts Bay Archery Club is an archery club (number 656) affiliated to Archery GB, which is operated and administered by the Grand National Archery Society, trading as Archery GB. The Grand National Archery Society is a private company limited by guarantee without share capital and its registered company number is 01342150.
Archery GB is the national governing body for archery in Great Britain. Archery GB is responsible for all levels of archery within the UK from elite to development level. Archery GB is the umbrella organisation for English Archery Association, Archery Northern Ireland, Scottish Archery and Welsh Archery Association.
Archery GB operates the website www.archerygb.org.
Archery GB is a data controller under the data protection rules and their Data Protection Officer is:
Peter Dickson contactable at:
Telephone: 01952 677888.
Information we gather:
Mounts Bay Archery Club gathers certain information about you upon joining the club, which is automatically passed to Archery GB as required by our affiliation to it. Information about you is also used by its affiliated entities – county (DCAS) and regional association (GWAS).
Information may include any or all of: your name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth and Archery GB membership number.
When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth / Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club (and ID), Round (unless defined by age), Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
In accordance with our competition entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at events by those who register to do so, and these images may be used on our website, social media platforms and promotional / internal documents.
How we may use your information:
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice;
- To provide you with information about our activities that you have agreed to receive;
- To identify the record of scores you achieve (which you submit) whilst shooting with the club.
- To identify you, from your scoring history, for the potential to receive recognition at our annual Awards Evening.
We will use the information you give us to:
- Perform services you have requested (such as providing you with Membership Benefits or providing you with information you have asked for);
- Notify you about changes to our club, including but not limited to any changes to the membership requirements.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Associate bodies such as County (DCAS) and Region (GWAS) in order that they may communicate with you regarding archery events only or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Mounts Bay Archery Club, Our Members, or others.
Users under 18:
If you are under 18 and would like to join Mounts Bay Archery Club, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian who will give us your personal information on your behalf. When we collect data about a child or young person aged under18 we will make it very clear to them as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used.
Mounts Bay Archery Club does not engage in any form of marketing.
Keeping your records:
We keep records only for as long as required to operate your membership in accordance with legal requirements.
Your membership information for the current membership year will supersede the previous year’s membership information which will be destroyed. If your membership lapses then your membership information may be retained for 2 years (in case you decide within that time to re-join), following this period your membership information will be destroyed.
Where we may store your information:
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at Archery GB’s registered office and online systems.
The scores that we collect from you will be stored using a program called Golden Records, in the cloud via the Records Officer. The data is password protected and encrypted for cloud storage. ‘Toxik Software’ produce and maintain this software, and we hold their Data Protection Notice on file.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and storage.
Mounts Bay Archery Club will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are required not to share a password with anyone.
Beginner’s Course Application Forms:
Your personal information contained on this form will be held by the Beginner’s Coordinator until you have completed a Beginner’s Course, at which point your information will be securely destroyed.
If you decide that you no longer wish to attend a Beginner’s Course then you should inform the Beginner’s Coordinator immediately who will securely destroy your information.
The information on this form may be shared with the Club Coaches delivering your Beginner’s Course who will treat your information with the strictest of confidence.
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact our Membership Officer via email (contact details as per the website – please request a physical address by e-mail as these are not broadcast).
- Request that we delete your personal data.
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request. We require you to prove your identity with an approved piece of photographic identification. Please address requests to the Membership Officer and we will respond promptly upon receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information:
Enquires and Complaints:
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. Mounts Bay Archery Club will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All complaints should be sent to the Club Secretary.
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Available upon request
Available upon request